Thursday 8 January 2009

Oh yeah..Thomson routers

What were you people thinking?  Talk about counter or  un intuitive...

The best solution I found to get these things configured for  a DSL connection was to save the config to a text file and modify it and upload it.

I webbed into the Thomson router and tried to add a PPP connection.  Nope you don't permission to do that as the admin user.  WTF?

So download the config after resetting to factory and and add entries with username and password etc for the ppp  connection and upload it and it works.  So how come I can't enter the username and password in the web interface? Grrr

Don't forget to add a default route to go out the PPP interface and it's easy...

Just a weird web interface.

No comments:

Gentoo grub-probe not working

 I have a bunch of history commands I run when I d a new kernel etc and one stopped working. grub-mkconfig would fail with grub-probe for /....