Saturday 21 November 2015

OSX high CPU UserEventAgent process

This one might save someone some searching :-)

I can't remember when it started happening but the UserEventAgent process started using 90 to 90% CPU so basically stealing one core all the time.

I thought it was related to a whole lot of things that turned out to be red herrings.

In my case it was TeamViewer causing it.  Uninstall TeamViewer and it spikes but generally sits at 0% rather than 95%.

Some Googling found one particular plug in related to certificate verification that the UserEventAgent uses caused their high CPU usage so maybe some Apps just make it go nuts.

No comments:

Gentoo grub-probe not working

 I have a bunch of history commands I run when I d a new kernel etc and one stopped working. grub-mkconfig would fail with grub-probe for /....